Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bikes are not designed for stairs

I live in an upstairs apartment. I like it that way because I can't stand the sound of people tramping around above me. Trust me, I've lived in a number of places where people have lived above me and am always amazed at how many people find it necessary to walk around their apartments in hobnailed boots at 3 a.m.

But there are disadvantages to living upstairs.

Lugging bags of groceries up the stairs.
Lugging anything up the stairs.
But especially lugging bikes up stairs . . .

If I could get a stair lift thing that would work for bikes, I would. It's the only thing I dislike about living upstairs. And the only regret I have over opting for a hybrid bike over a road bike. (I have a Trek 7.2 FX. It's a great bike, but boy is it heavy!)

No comments: